Nassau, Bahamas — Bahamas Press has lately been breaking news and from what we understand, serious, INDEED SERIOUS questions are pointing to the leadership of the Free National Movement Government.
Sources in the position to know tell us at least two of the six men, who entered into the law chambers of Bamboo Town MP, Branville McCartney, and allegedly administered threats of death on his life are in police custody.
Sources tell us the men; ‘Mighty’ Moncur and Livingstone Bullard are both being held at the East Street South Police Station, as they are extensively quizzed at this hour by detectives. One of the men a 30 year-old resides in Sir Lynden Pindling Estates while the other is a resident of Seven Hill.
Our legal expert in the area of criminal law suggests, “The men may be arraigned on charges of: threats of death and threats of harm on the MP. They may possibly be slapped with a trespassing charge as well.
“If they plead guilty, both could spend anywhere from 12 to 18 months in jail. If they plead not guilty, both will be given bail, and could possibly be fitted and monitored with the anklet bracelet. Additionally, both suspects could be forced to sign-in at a police station.”
BP can tell you both men were captured live on camera along with others entering the MP’s Village Road offices and is alleged to administered threats of death on the Parliamentarian.
BP can confirm one of the men turned himself into police shortly after a photo release became available. Officers of the CID later picked up a second suspect a short time afterward.
McCartney in speaking with the media stated earlier today he wants to see the men brought to justice and charged with the alleged crime. “They should be charged and brought before the courts and sent to jail,” the MP said.
In a twist of things, we have been reliably informed that the men, one who carries the nickname “Spartacus”, is a known henchman to the MP for Sea Breeze. “Spartacus” also lives in the Sea Breeze area and was recently granted a contract by the Free National Movement Government in the area.
Bahamas Press also note one of the goons is said to have a relationship with a relative of the Sea Breeze MP, which ties a connection to the Chairman FNM.
You would remember the same group of mischief-makers and death threat worriers, lead chaos at the recent Bamboo Town Meeting on the sale of BTC to Cable and Wireless. We are told one of the men now in police custody, was present at that event. This is interesting.
Bahamas Press therefore, put the following questions into the public domain for someone in the Government/FNM PARTY to answer:
– Was THE FNM Chairman involved in any way with death threats administered by goons known to him?
– If Yes, did the former Cabinet Minister act alone?
– Did anyone in the Government indeed the Cabinet Aided and Abetted the alleged CRIMINAL exercise?
– Why has the Minister of National Security refused to speak to the threatening incidents?
– Was the Prime Minister aware of any of the shenanigans? If Yes, Why has he refused to speak to the issue publicly?
– Was he privy to any plans, motives, and concoctions by any member of his party to disrupt the meetings at the Bamboo Town BTC Town Meeting?
– When will the Prime Minister, The Minister of National Security or the Chairman of the FNM denounce the actions by known operatives of the Party for committing threats of death on the Bamboo Town MP?
These are serious questions, which are being put on notice for the world to see. Nassau has GONE FUNKY as one would say and we demand answers!
Bahamas Press calls from a public inquiry into these events and we too have since strengthened our security detail following these tragic revelations.