Nassau, The Bahamas — Is it really better in the Bahamas like they advertise it all over the world? Last week some Canadian-Italians held a wedding reception at the Luciano’s Restaurant on East Bay Street, one of the most elegant and high class venues on the island. Sure, Italians are known for the world’s best dishes like pasta, but these guests ( and we at Bahamas Press use that word loosely in this case) showed the other side of Italy – the one we watched in The Godfather – and showed their mafia colors. The wedding party may have had too much to drink or too little left to think but at one point they become lawless after the deejay started winding down to the last dance – 12 hours after the reception started.
The Bahamian deejay was attacked by a pile of guests and even when his assistants tried to help, they got a badda-bing and badda-boom beat down. The party broke up the restaurant and when someone from the restaurant fired a warning shot with a licensed fireman into the air, in an effort to calm down wedding crew, THEY, allegedly, pulled out their guns and held the staff and even their limo drivers hostage. We will give credit to reporter Clint Watson and his cameraman for making this story public and even showing the scene with the disheveled mafia looking bridal party and even the new missus in her couture wedding gown coming out of Central station after they were ALL RELEASED. There was even a shot of the people making the bail flipping through the money like they had endless pockets.
We at Bahamas Press want ANSWERS. Why? Because despite all this, the Gestapo police decided to drop the matter and has charged none of the 18 persons. Hulan Hanna came on national radio and suggested the guests were not given any special treatment and that the matter was settled privately.
“That was an incident between persons that happened on a private property,” Hanna told Love 97FM. “Those persons came among themselves and they decided that they would deal with the matter outside of court without any duress or coercion and that is what they did.”
“They [the wedding party] got no special treatment, absolutely none. The same thing happens practically every day in this country. People have disputes between themselves even to the point where they fight among themselves. They come to an agreement and an understanding that they don’t want to pursue the matter before the court, which is very normal thing.”
Mr. Hanna, we want to know where in the hell those firearms came from in the first place? How did they get through customs with their weapons? How can they come into this country, beat up we own, tear down we businesses, hold we people hostage, and BUY we police? Had one of the Bahamians accidentally killed one of them in self defense you know we wouldn’t hear the end of it. Bahamas Press wonders if it is the new norm in The Bahamas where TOURIST and VISITORS can “murder” and be murdered in The Bahamas and persons get away with it. There is something dangerously wrong in country when it comes to our criminal justice system. Who remembers…
• A female visitor, Sandra Sigafus, 41, on November 12th was staying at the Paradise Island Harbour Resort. Police told us then they had a male friend in custody and that they were trying to determine whether she fell or was the victim of foul play. Well, Bahamas Press has learned that the man was ordered out of the country. Told to run away! This story opens a container worms. BP is now talking with a senior official at a popular hotel resort here on the island. The source tell us there is an incredible amount of hidden [UNREPORTED] deaths, which occur on hotel properties right here in The Bahamas, regularly. TRUST US, YOUR BP WILL REPORT OUR FINDINGS! And if it means American’s Most Wanted must come to town, we will make certain it happens.
• Readers remember the death of Anna Garrison who was found on the cold lonely street in Fox Hill wrapped in a bed sheet. Bahamian police were quick to arrest the Bahamian male, whilst the daughter of the West Palm Beach resident was hiding out in Kenneth Square Pennsylvania. Lazy police was not prepared to tell the press where the cold killer was. They’d hope she stayed where she was. Another story uncovered by Bahamas Press.
• You would also remember how Guillermo Zarabozo, 20, of Hialeah, and Kirby Archer, 35, of Arkansas had to be charged with first-degree murder following the disappearance of four Miami Beach charter crew members that headed for Bimini. The vessel was found in The Bahamas. RIGHT HERE! But Bahamian police turned a complete blind eye to the incident. Never bringing to justice the men. The Americans had to take charge of the case and deal with the criminals.
• Then you would remember the story of Andre Birbal. The man who led a clandestine pack of pedophile lovers whom raped and molested more than 20 boys at the Eight Mile Rock High School. They Royal Bahamas Police Force never investigated the matter. They never lifted a pinky finger to bring justice for the children of the country who were violated by another guest of the town. Hubert Ingraham of all people ABANDONED JUSTICE FOR THE CHILDREN! HE SHOULD HANG HIS HEAD DOWN IN SHAME!
• Foreign tourists may also avoid the Bahamas when they remember Carole Leach’s murder on Eleuthera. Carole, you would know was a British schoolteacher who moved to the island. She was axed to death and her family fought for over a decade to bring the murderer, who was well known person on the island, before the courts. After pressure from the British government an arrest was made and the case was brought to trial. Again, however, the case was thrown out because the prosecution, some believe intentionally, “failed to make a good enough case” against the accused.
• We should remember the murder of Anna Nicole’s son Daniel Smith whose body was discovered lifeless in Doctors Hospital. Daniel, according to reports died like his mom due to a concoction of drugs found in his system. Howard K. Stern is now before a US court-facing charges for possibly aiding in Nicole’s death. Why could not the Bahamian police do the same for Daniel?
We all saw the video posted on how a tourist who was robbed at gunpoint graded the Gestapo Bahamian Police “between 0 and 1 on a scale of 1 to 10”. And with the way we treat our own, we say that grade is TOO HIGH!
Bahamas Press can go on for days, months and years unfolding case after case where we see the WUTLESSNESS of the Criminal Justice System. It has failed guests and the Bahamian people. We need change!
We need radical Change in this country!
OK futurevoice thanks for your contributions. And now Bahamas Press has a new name for you it’s “GRAMMER”! LOL!
Thanks GRAMMER! BOL!
Have your breaking news while you break up the English language.
You are not Perry Christie, I have seen your photo. The former Prime Minster may not be quick with his decision making, but the man is a good speaker and writer. Education was not wasted on Christie, can’t say the same for you.
I am walking on eggs as the wannabe Leader Tommy T is acting PM.Lock your homes and dont venture outside until Monday as the most inept confused,incompetent person is now in charge of us.For our sakes I hope no one puts a microphone in his hands as he does no t know what to say.
Who are we this time Perry Christie? Wait, now that’s not funny…BOLLLLL! [BUST OUT LAUGHING]. Wait up and take your laxative futurevoice BP has breaking news tonight….STay Turned!
He who laughs last laughs best!
Ahhhhh Ya don’t say futurevoice. We are soooooooo afraid!!!!!!!!! Please, please don’t say who we are. Please we ga buy you candy.
LOL!!!!!! Someone please pick me up off the floor…I’m in tears laughing at FUTUREVOICE…
Yess Toursim account for over 61% of our economy. But less tham 5% off the off the Bahamain people are benefiting from it. I bet less than 20% off those people working directly in the The tourism business are Bahamain. I bet less than 1% have any say in any decision making position.Branville say Bahamain dont want to work in the industry I challenge him to do an audit in the tourism business and see what percentage of the 25% off the unemploy Bahamian who would like a job. Talking fool is a very serious thing Branville
Well Well Media(S), guess what? I have been reading as you suggested and as a result of what I have read, I also did some research on you and this website and what a tangle web you’ve weaved
You are not so anonymous to me anymore and now I understand why you write the way you do. It is amazing to see that the info was readily available, you just need to knock on the right doors and ask the right questions. Bahamian people like to talk.
You can take the man out of the country but you cannot take the country out of the man!
I think Police should comes to handle in this case.
It is hard to believe that one is able to butcher the ENGLISH LANGUAGE in this manner!
Media I BEG OF YOU, BUY THE BOOK PLEASSSSSSSSE!!!
Keep reading future Voice keep reading. It will get better, you might learn something.
HULAN HANNA WAS RIGHT IN WHAT HE SAID. THE POLICE WERE NOT PRESENT AT THE TIME WHEN THESE ALLEDGE OFFENCES WERE BEING COMMITTED, SO THEN POLICE HAVE TO RELY ON A COMPLAINT. IF A COMPLAINANT AFTER MAKING A FORMAL COMPLAINT WISHES NOT TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH HIS/HER COMPLAINT, IT MAKES NO SENSE SENDING THAT FILE TO COURT IF THE PERSON WILL NOT SHOW.EVRYTIME I SPEAK TO AN ISSUE ON THIS SITE IT GOES BACK TO HAVING EVIDENCE, YOU REPORTED THAT THE GUEST AT THE RECEPTION HAD FIREARMS. I PUT IT TO YOU, WHERE WERE THESE ARMS WHEN THE POLICE ARRIVED. WHY DID NOT THE BAHAMIANS PRESENT NOT GIVE STATEMENTS TO THAT EFFECT.LETS STOP BLAMING THE GOVERNMENT FOR OUR CRIME PROBLEM. THE PROBLEM IS EACH AND EVERYONE OF US WHEN WE FAIL TO STAND FOR WHAT IS RIGHT. MANY KNOW WHO HAVE GUNS AND WHO COMMITT OTHER OFFENCES BUT WE DO NOT CALL THE POLICE AND TELL THEM EVEN IF ITS UNDER ANONYMITY. LETS DO OUR PART AND CURVE THIS DEMON OF CRIME AND CRIMINALITY.
Are we supposed to withhold the truth? Tourism is a very big part of our economy. Bahamians are destroying the tourism product, crime has only made things worse. I’ve had many foreigners complain to me about how they were treated during their stay. We need to realize the importance of being service oriented. We want people to come here, but we act as if we’re doing them a favour. Let me tell you, as someone who had been to a helluva lot of places, we’re a joke! I don’t say that to be mean. We take too many things in this country for granted. Hello….it’s no longer better in the Bahamas, but we act as if it is. There are many other countries that are capitalizing on their “sun, sand, and sea” and why shouldn’t they? Besides that, they are doing a better job than we are. The only thing that saves us is the proximity to the US, and that’s where crime really fouls things up. You want to blame someone for driving tourists away…blame the hotels for the ridiculous prices , blame the criminal element out there preying on them and us…because no one wants to vacation in a crime ridden place. That’s a reality.
Get your behind off this site. The truth is the truth and it will set you free.
BP, We have breaking news happening at this time. Sources are confirming to us that the Hon. Theresa Moxey- Ingraham’s car was broken into at her place of employment. The Police are now on the scene. What is happening in this town? Where is lousy Tommy T? Where is lousy Hubert? Where is lousy Reggie?. Nobody is safe in this town BP, The Popo are afraid, nobody appears to have the answers, we need Change Bahamas.
Bahamas Press is reporting mass break-ins are now taking place in the eastern end of New Providence. Police information tell us at least 15 homes in the area have been broken into in the last 24 hours. Persons in the area are being asked to become cautious in their surroundings.
I SAY FIX IT! GET IT RIGHT! Make the Bahamas safe again, then and only then will BP let up!
Please STOP posting items like this!!! Do you realize the tourism accounts for 61% of our economy? This is the kind of negative press coverage that leads to extra drama! Do you realize that what we put out we can NOT retract!!!! We all know it happened, but please think !!
Are you aware persons are being slaughtered in this country and cannot get JUSTICE? ARE YOU? NIGGA PLEASE!!!!!!
Comments are closed.