Police investigate Sunday shooting in GB which leave 68 year-old in stable condition


Last moments of murdered victim recorded!

Nassau, Bahamas — Police responded to the Garden Villas area in Freeport at approximately 12:43am this morning, Sunday 5th August, 2012 after receiving reports of gunshots being heard in the Weddell Avenue West area.

Jeremey Webb

Reports are that the victim, a 68 year old male resident of South Bahamia was in the parking lot at his apartment complex on Weddell Avenue when he was approached by a dark male wearing a mask and armed with a handgun. The armed man demanded cash and when the victim refused to give him any money, he discharged the weapon hitting the complainant several times about the body before making his escape.

The victim who was transported by private vehicle to the local hospital for medical assistance is listed in ‘stable condition’.

Meanwhile Bahamas Press records the final moment of Jeremy Webb the 77th murdered victim, who was stabbed multiple times in Cat Island this weekend.

Our teams on the island report the incident started at the Sailing Club in New Bight Cat Island. It was there when Webb and the young man got into an altercation.

During the incident a the police officer held Webb trying to part the fight, but it was at that moment when the attacker took a box cutter and stabbed Webb several times; then dragging the box cutter on his victim.

Both men then fled out the Sailing Club. Webb collapsed just across the road on a stair and when he moved his hand from his stomach there his wounds were exposed. He revealed the serious stab wounds which exposed his inner stomach.

BP can report a number of police officers and one nurse were already on the scene along with members of Webb’s family and close friends.

There he laid on the ground vomiting blood. It was at that time someone placed him in a rented car and took him to the Smiths Bay Clinic.

It was not until about 8:30 am in the morning Webb laid up in the hot sun with drips hanging from him to get fluids, but Webb’s body started to swell and it was too late. At five minutes to nine he took his last breath.

It was too late and the trauma was too much. May he rest in peace.

We report yinner decide!